[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN digest, Vol 1 #306 - 15 msgs

>Message: 10
>From: Duane Wilson <aaa pacifier com>
>To: <k12osn redhat com>
>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:42:46 -0700
>Subject: [K12OSN] Linux equivalent of M$oft Publisher
>
>Hi,
>	If this is off topic send me to the right place!
>	My wife is taking an Intel based summer program for teachers.  She is excited
>about all the things she learned on M$oft Publisher.  Is there a Linux Open
>Source equivelent for that or do I need to give up and buy her a new
>expensive network?
>
>Thanks,
>Duane Wilson
>Volunteer Network administrator

You can certainl do some very basic layouts with nearly any word processor for newsletters and other documents for which I had previously used Publisher.
One can create certificates with OpenOffice..org draw, too.

Aside fromthat, there is one project I know of for layouts:  Scribus.
It is still in early development, however, and I have had difficulty getting it to work.

Tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email yourgroup org by Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag