Re: [K12OSN] auto login

> On Tuesday 23 July 2002 4:37 pm, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
> > Thanks a million to Tonneson Steve for pointing me in the right
> > direction with icewm profiles. I can't leave well-enough alone, so now
> > I'm wanting to make things a little simpler for the students and
> > teachers. Can I make the terminals automagically login on startup with
> > the necessary account for that machine? There's no life and death if I
> > can't, it would just be nicer =).
>
> If you use KDM, there is an automatic login setting. Just set the default
> session to whatever window manager you want to use, and it should log in as
> the user selected with the default session.  Im sure gdm has something like
> it, but I dont know it well enough to say.

I was looking for some thing like what I think he was talking about
myself.  The problem with using KDE or GDM for it is that it is configured
to do it for one person.  But this is configured on the server, so if you
want to have a different default profile for each machine then it doesn't
work that way.

Brent Norris (Net-Tech.BG-Afni) http://brentnorris.net
H: 270.563.9226        W: 877.448.2364 x3021
Pager: 270.610.0002 (text message www.arch.com/message/)