[K12OSN] No mouse and keyboard on workstation

Hi,
booting the workstation over the LAN works fine, X starts beautiful but the
keybord and the mouse are dead. I changed ltp.conf to cater for the serial
mouse on the workstation but still no success.
I have no clue were to start debugging this. Where to start looking?
Thanks
Manfred