Re: [K12OSN] distro for firewall/proxy ?

take a look at smoothwall http://www.smoothwall.org/community/home/

It's pretty nice. The gpl version allows a pretty good setup. They also
offer a couple of other versions designed for corporate and educational use.

I've used the gpl version at home for almost a year and had no problems. I
purchased the corporate version for the school system ( about $350 ) and
it's been running about 6 mo. Had both up and running inside of 30 min. with
squid; snort and dmz.

Michael