Re: [K12OSN] Stability of K12LTSP

Thanks for the replys everybody.  Its nice to know there is a very active user
community attached to k12ltsp.  So far I have not set up any terminals but I
have completely designed the infrastructure on paper.  I work in IT for a
large company by day and I have been working the rest of my time for the
school.  I've been particuarly interested in the trunking of the network
cards.  I'd like to do this for the backbone of the network.  The problem I
see is that most of the switches (except for the expensive ones) do not
support any more than 100mb transfer on thier backplane.   How does adding
and trunking another card help ease the load?

 I was hoping to use KDE as the desktop.  I think I can get away with this
because I am limiting the number of terminals to 20 per X11 server.  I cannot
wait to try.  Our rollout here is in 3 weeks and the cable is just going in
place.  I still expect to meet the deadline but one thing I am concerned
about is finding parts for some of the terminals.  Does anybody know a good
source for PCI video cards?

 I am also glad to hear the kids like the terminals but to tell the truth I
think the teachers are really going to be the problem.  The computer teacher
I have not even met yet.  I am worried of the acceptance.  Even though its a
great system its different and users don't like different.  Even still I have
alot of enthusiasm for this project.