[K12OSN] Sound with KDE 3.0

Regarding Jack Palmadesso's question:

"4. Has anybody made the sounds in KDE3 work?"

We are using a combination of ThinkNIC clients and standard pc's with
bootdisks to access our LTSP server in the church computer lab.  I have not
been able to get sound to work with the KDE aRTs server on ver. 3.0.
However, I have managed to get xine to work by setting the sound server to
'esd' rather than 'oss', thus bypassing the kde environment.  I have not had
much success otherwise.

With the exception of problems with Macromedia flash sites crashing browsers
on the clients and problems getting xfs to work on clients, everything else
works about like you would expect with Linux.
Dr. Daniel Loomis
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
El Dorado, Arkansas
dloomis cox-internet com