Re: [K12OSN] NECC - Seattle 2003 Open Source in EDU

Hello Chris,

I think a workshop/presentation on "Migration from NT to Linux/Samba"
would be a winner. There are so many things Samba can do. This might be
a good first step migration class.

Just think how happy all those schools would be to not have to buy CAL's
all the time. Starting off with Linux as a school server is a great way
to go.

The presentation/proposal page is at:
http://ccenter.uoregon.edu/conferences/NECC2003/presenters/program/default.php

A Samba presentation might fit into the "Concurrent session" category.
The page to submit proposals will be up on August 30. Let me know what
you think.

;-) Paul

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 08:17, chriscurtis spamcop net wrote:

> Hello Paul.  I am a network engineer who lives in Sandpoint Idaho.  I have
> some experience in setting up Linux, mostly as a replacement for NT in
> business environment.  I would be willing to come out and do classes or demos
> for this meeting if that would be helpful.  Let me know if you need this type
> of assistance.
>

> Quoting Paul Nelson <pnelson riverdale k12 or us>:
>
> > Hello Folks,
> >
> > It's time to start planning for our presentations at this year's NECC
> > conference. http://neccsite.org/ Deadline for proposals is October 9,
> > 2002.
snip.....