[K12OSN] mount /dev/hda on the *terminal*

How do I mount /dev/hda1 when there is s HDD in the *terminal* ?

I've hacked my way into getting a login, but I can't `mount /dev/hda1`

It seems there's not /dev entry 'hda1' - I tried creating it with mknod (whats the correct command for that ?) but still
couldn't mount.

I tried having a look at the kernel-speak as it flew past, but..... and there's no dmesg on the terminal.

TIA, Steve