Re: [K12OSN] problems printing from Open Office to LTSP clients

Morton,

Open Office is using the LPR program.  When you added printers to the LTSP
server you made printing "queues"  on the LTSP server.  What you need to tell
the LPR program is which queue to print to.  By simply issuing "lpr somefile"
you are telling the system to print to the default queue which is normally
the locally attached printer.  By adding a "switch" to the command (-d) you
can send jobs to any queue defined on the server.

>From the command line issue:

lpr -d printer1 somefile

where printer1 = one of your 4 printers and somefile = a short test text file.
Repeat on all 4 printers.  If it works then add each lpr command to Open
Office program with "spadmin"  If it works correctly when you print from Open
Office you should be able to choose any of the printers from the printing
dialog.  If you have trouble check out the man pages for lpr  (man lpr) and
post again.

Jack