Re: [K12OSN] seeing the rest of the computers on our network

On Sunday 28 July 2002 01:21 pm, Brent D. Norris wrote:
> I think that is your problem.  K12LTSP has problems when the eth0 and eth1
> are on the same subnet setup.  Perhaps you should change your eth0 network
> up to a different subnet.

Its not just K12LTSP that will have problems, its almost all of the networking
subsystem. When a packet is recieved on eth0, should it broadcast it to eth1
like a hub? Or should it check its arp cache and decide from there? When you
are starting a new connection from that box, which interface does it use?
There are many problems with doing this, and unless you have had some expert
practice at it, its always best to keep different interfaces on different
networks.

Jay