Re: [K12OSN] mount /dev/hda on the *terminal*

Jack wrote:

I dont really know how but it could probably work in the same way as you access the local floppy or the sound card. Possibly some entries need to be created in lts.conf on the server? I don't see why it would be a problem if the floppy can be done why not a cdrom or HD.

Yeah, I wondered about that, but I'd really like to keep it all off the network.

If I have a Linux Kernel booted on a machine, I can't figure out why I can't mount a local disk.
It's like the kernel didn't even *detect* any IDE stuff.. I could check that, if I could run `dmesg` on the terminal.

I want to build an Application that will allow me to sift through the hardware on the *Terminal* 8-) which is pointless
if I can't mount a local disk.

getting there slowly..

TIA,
Steve