Re: [K12OSN] mount /dev/hda on the *terminal*

Steve Wright wrote:

How do I mount /dev/hda1 when there is s HDD in the *terminal* ?

SOLVED !

# modprobe ide-disk
# modprobe ide-mod
# modprobe ide-probe-mod
hda: blah blah blah
ide0 at 0x1f0- etc..

# mount /dev/hda1 -t ext2 /tmp/mount
success..

Now I can walk to any terminal and rummage locally. This is useful for windows PCs as well, as I can boot to Linux with an
etherboot floppy, and `dd` a new image to the local HDD, and reboot the PC back into windows - new install.

Now, to make sure security is still ok..

cheers,
Steve

p.s. I had to put a getty entry in /etc/inittab, and a valid login in /etc/passwd first. Boot terminal normally, press <ctrl><alt><F5>
Login:

ta da