[K12OSN] XMMS memory leak in ltsp?

I was performing some stress testing on a setup I am soon going to be putting
in place at a local school.  I set up one of the terminals and left it
playing some mp3s I loaded for my own entertainment while I build new
terminals.  After about an hour or so.  I noticed the sound quality slowly
going down.  I watched it for a sec and then tried to stop the song but could
not.  I was able to close XMMS normally.  Once I restarted XMMS I resumed
playing my music.  Again about an hour later I noticed sound quality slowly
fading out and getting very choppy.   I closed XMMS and started it again but
this time on the server I ran "top" and watched the processes.  After a few
minutes I noticed that memory utilization for XMMS was around 35% and
climbling.  Eventually it went up to 70% and then XMMS started sounding
garbled until it dropped off.  CPU utilization seems to accumulate and then
drop off when a new song starts.  Can anybody else try this experiment?  I am
going to contact the XMMS developers and see what they have to say.  Once the
XMMS process is stopped normally or killed the memory is released back to the
system.

My test lab setup:
1ghz celeron
300mb RAM (something around there)
K12LTSP (latest w/redhat7.3)
up to two teminals connected at any given time
KDE Desktops for terminals

Jack