RE: [K12OSN] Stability of K12LTSP

On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 21:49, Bert Rolston wrote:
> Hi Caleb,
>
> What did you have to do at the switch end of your port trunking?
>
> I've got a managed switch in a low load area. I can swap an unmanaged switch in and put the managed switch at the server.
>
> Cheers,
> Bert

You trunk at the server end and the switch end. Some switches refer to
it as bonding. It depends on what switch you have, so all I can say is
check your documentation on the switch. The procurve has a web-based
interface, but for the "bigger" adjustments I had to console into it.
For my HP Procurve I had the option to mesh, trunk, and SA-trunk. I
couldn't get regular trunk to work but I think with HP that's just for
trunking between switches and the such. SA-trunk is what I have to use
when I trunk between a switch and a server. SA stands for source
address, so it sorts which data goes to which network card by the
original source address and lets the other ports recognize your trunked
set as one port.

--
Caleb Wagnon, MCP
Office of Technology