Re: [K12OSN] Help - Configuring an HP Color Printer

Hello Ken.  First let me say that I applaude your work with your school.
Hopefully your efforts will open up your school districts eyes in the future.

As far as your printing goes, I'm not an expert but I will try to help.

Quoting Ken Johnson <kjohnson optonline net>:

> I want to print with my HP 895Cxi Deskjet. I have connected it to the
> server's parallel port and set up a printque with the print tool gui
> (k12ltsp - current version).
>
> It just prints one line per page. I used the JetPrinter choice, with
> postscript selected. Obviously this is not correct.

I would not set it to jetprint, I think that setting is for HP print servers.
Set it to your local LPT1: port, and pick a text driver to start.  Print a test
page.  If that works, go to www.linuxprinting.org (the best linux printing ste
on this planet) and research which driver works best with your printer.  Go
back and change from text printing to the supported driver and your done.

I hope this helps.

Chris Curtis