Re: [K12OSN] Channel Bonding, Paul?

Hi Caleb,

> Thanks guys. I would like to make my adjustments to this how-to and get
> it published on the k12ltsp site. It has proven to be something that
> several people are interested and I think it would be a worthwhile
> addition. Who do I need to talk to about getting this done?

i already thought about adding something like this to
http://www.bn-paf.de/k12ltsp/tips.html
btw: don't know why Paul hasn't managed to merge it with
http://k12ltsp.org/faq.html (my contributed content is heavyly outdated
there!).

I found bonding documented at
http://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/beowulf/medusa/construction/channel_bondin
g.html and http://watson.chemical.missouri.edu/bonding.html (neither with
the special K12LTSP-DHCP adjustment and needed capabilities of the switch).

It would be also useful to mention alternatives such as gigabit ethernet and
a second server.
Do you know a monitoring tool which is able to determine if the network
bandwith is the bottleneck?