[K12OSN] seeing the rest of the computers on our network

Hi Gary...

Do I have to change some of the configuration because my router and k12ltsp both are in the 192.168.0 range?

???

Thanks,

Gary

This might help. I posted it a couple weeks ago It changes the LTSP segment to something other than 192.168.0.x to avoid your cable modem 192.168.0.x DHCP/LTSP conflict problem.

I asked the same question a couple weeks ago because my LTSP segment and LAN segment both used 192.168.0.x. This created a conflict, obvously, that wouldn't allow the LTSP client segment to get beyond the LTSP segment. Mike Rambo and Arnel PAstrana assisted me with fixing the problem. I created a gouge sheet that might help you. I noticed that chnging the default DHCP on ETH1 and chnging from 0.x to 1.x on ETH0 didn't seem to update the network scripts as described below. This sheet works for me every time. I hope it helps you. Please let me know if you have any questions. Pat

1. Edit the following files, changing the 0 in 192.168.0.x to something other than 0 up to 255:

/etc/exports
/etc/hosts
/etc/hosts.allow
/etc/dhcpd.conf
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nat

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/hosts-update.sh
/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/setup-update.sh

2. Check network-scripts for proper configuration of eth0 and eth1:

a.  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 should look like the
following:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.254
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
ONBOOT=yes

b. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 should look something like this:

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.0.88
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.0.0
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
ONBOOT=yes

c. etc/sysconfig/network Should have the following entries:

GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
GATEWAYDEV=eth1