From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf
Of John Pilmore
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 11:37 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Clients not recieving IP's

Hi Greg,

I had a similar problem today but not with the beta version. In my case
I had a 3c905c card on one client that worked perfectly on my district
lan which consisted of 100mbit switch. I found the card was set to
100mbit full duplex instead of auto. Since I was using an old 10mbit
hub, you can see why it would not work. You may want to verify the cards
in your server and workstations. In my case it didn't end there. My
workstations still would not connect. Like you I get the DHCP... thing.
SO at a console prompt I Typed "service dhcpd stop" enter, "service
dhcpd start" enter and finally "xinetd". And it worked! Don't know why.
I only had to do this once. After several reboots of the server, it
worked on it's own.
Hope this helps.
John Pilmore