Re: [K12OSN] Clients not receiving IP's - 2.1.0 RC (beta8)

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Greg Long wrote:

>I could use a direction for troubleshooting:
>
>stock K12LTSP 2.1.0 BETA8 (release candidate) install...eth0 and eth1
>start OK during server boot.  I can login as root, startx and browse up
>a storm through eth1.  I can't seem to get either of 2 test clients to
>connect.  Only non-default option selected was "no firewall" during
>install

Since in your previous email you mention trying to use iptables and in this
one you say that you selected "no firewall",  I assume you're trying to
do something unusual.

There is some documentation on the web site for planning your network and
non-standard configurations:

	http://k12ltsp.org/install.html

If that doesn't help, please let us know what you're trying to accomplish.
That'll help us to give you the right answers.

-Eric