From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf
Of Eric Harrison
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 10:35 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Clients not receiving IP's - 2.1.0 RC (beta8)

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Greg Long wrote:

>I could use a direction for troubleshooting:
>
>stock K12LTSP 2.1.0 BETA8 (release candidate) install...eth0 and eth1
>start OK during server boot.  I can login as root, startx and browse up

>a storm through eth1.  I can't seem to get either of 2 test clients to
>connect.  Only non-default option selected was "no firewall" during
>install

Since in your previous email you mention trying to use iptables and in
this one you say that you selected "no firewall",  I assume you're
trying to do something unusual.

There is some documentation on the web site for planning your network
and non-standard configurations:

	http://k12ltsp.org/install.html

If that doesn't help, please let us know what you're trying to
accomplish. That'll help us to give you the right answers.

-Eric