Re: next cycle ... was: Re: [K12OSN] Looking for a few good

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, R P Herrold wrote:

>Hi, Eric and all
>
>I was updating my SRPM testing mirror for the released variant
>-- I'll be rebuilding and looking for holes
>
>-- I've been doing a site install for the last week, and have
>a nice feel for wishlist on the packages.  I tossed the
>wrapper RFE last night -- I am also getting package file
>conflicts resolved with a "provides/Conflicts" mechanism is a
>priority to clean up RPM based update tool compatability which
>I'll be working.

Yeah, I had a number of duplicate src packages and what-not. I've
been cleaning all of that up this morning.

>I also really like the Xfce window manager packages from a
>management standpoint -- I have some ideas for password resets
>and end user options offered using the gdm as the
>authentication mechanism which I was discussing off list with
>Jim Wildman (also of the list)

I've been playing with Xfce a bit as well.

>I infer:
>
>[herrold router bin]$ sudo mirror -pk12 mirror.defaults
>package=k12
>k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us:/pub/K12LTSP/2.1.0/i386/SRPMS ->
>	/home/ftp/pub/mirror/K12LTSP/2.1.0/SRPMS
>
>is correct.  If there is a new devel or beta tree to test,
>please advise.  A Rawhide semi-permanent locus for the content
>would reduce labor ...

Yes, I'll create a "rawhide" type directory tree. The end-of-school-year
rush is almost over for us, we're start on K12LTSP-3.0 shortly.

-Eric