Re: [K12OSN] Upgrade from 1.0 to new distro

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Eric Harrison wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Tom Brown wrote:
>
>>I have a tweaked k12ltsp 1.0 network running. What is the best upgrade
>>strategy to 2.x?
>
>Interesting question... I have not tried it. I don't even have a copy of
>v1.0 laying around, I have to download a copy. I'll post back here to the
>list after the download is done and I had a chance to test it.

Upgrading from v1.1 directly to v2.1.0 does not work "out-of-the-box".

At first glance, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to fix what
breaks when going from v1.0 to v2.1. I'll take a look at it closer tomorrow.

Upgrading from v1.0 to v2.0 to v2.1 *should* work ok, but has not been
tested.

-Eric