Re: [K12OSN] Win4Lin -- Wine Question

ouch getting a bit steep (currently already have Windows 98 licenses for those computers).

Paying more than what the windows software cost is to get it working is kinda silly.  Going to have to figure something out.

Petre Scheie wrote:
I believe the licensing for Win4Lin is for concurrent use, so for two LTSP
servers, you'd need two licenses.  Note that this will allow only one client
at a time to access Win4Lin.  If those ten workstations need to access
Win4Lin concurrently, then you'd want Netraverse's NSSE, which is basically a
server version of Win4Lin, and according to my notes, costs about $100 per
user, meaning a 10-user version would cost about $1000.  Remember that if you
go this route, you also have to have (or purchase) 10 Windows licenses.

Hope this helps.

Petre