[K12OSN] floppy access from workstations

I was trying to get access to a floppy from a workstation,
so after finding a post about floppy support, I installed
mtools to use with the already installed ltsp_floppyd.  I
found I was able to read from a floppy, but if I tried to
copy a file from it, I got an error and couldn't use the
floppy any more.

Here's what happened:
[root LTSPserver root]# mdir x:
 Volume in drive X has no label
Directory for X:/

PER_~1   PPT    747008 05-28-2002   1:25  PERÚ.ppt
        1 file              747 008 bytes
                            710 656 bytes free

[root LTSPserver root]# mcopy x:* .
floppyd_io: Input/output error
file read: Illegal seek
Broken pipe
[root LTSPserver root]# mdir x:
Permission denied, authentication failed!
Auth failed: Device locked!
Drive 'X:' not supported
Cannot initialize 'X:'
[root LTSPserver root]#

So if anyone knows what's wrong and/or how to fix it, I
would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Donald