Re: [K12OSN] floppy access from workstations

Donald Oellerich posted this message yesterday, and I was hoping to see
a reply.  Donald has set up a hard drive with LTSP 2.1.0 Beta 7.  He has
sound working now and has everything configured for us to use next year
(and perhaps to be ready for a July 4 event).

I plan to promote our LTSP lab as the model for CS labs in our county,
and recent discussions with my supervisor lead me to believe this
message may fall on welcoming ears, particularly if we can resolve the
floppy drive issue.  Students should be able to save files to the local
floppy drive.  I found their inability to do this to be one of the
biggest "rough spots" in using the lab as well as the biggest drawback
in promoting the lab as a model for other places in the county.

Any help (or at least a status message) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jeff elkner
yorktown high school
arlington, va