Re: [K12OSN] LTSP with 3 nics

That is a lot of terminals ... would you not be able to get a second switch
? which would of course be easiest.

Either way what you would wanna do is this:
Put in the 3rd Nic and simply assign it an IP address similar to what your
other nic that goes out into the intranet uses:
ie.
the current Intranet Nic could be: 192.168.0.254
the secondary Intranet Nic could be: 192.168.0.253

Now what you wanna do (this is the most efficient way at least) is record
all the clients Mac Addresses and give them reservations on the DHCP server
(sorry if it is not called reservations in Linux) assign each one their own
IP address from the Pool you have created.

Then for 30 of them give them the Default Gateway 192.168.0.254
for the rest make it
192.168.0.253

This should allow half to use one nic and the other half to use the other
nic

If you have to change some settings to make sure DNS / DHCP services are
working on both IP address hopefully someone else can answer that but I
think it should work as is (since the services are on the server and all
nic's should receive them properly).

Jason Leydon