Re: [K12OSN] floppy access from workstations

We intentionally removed floppies from ALL desktop machines that students have access to. Their file, should they really need to get/put them at home, can be retrieved over the Internet from a secure area. Alternatively, the teacher machine, which has a floppy (and CD-RW), can be used to copy files, again, if it is really necessary.

IF the school had some real-time computer administration folks, maybe we would have worked the [security] issues on floppies, but this worked for us. The security issues - introduction of unwanted files, etc. - was eliminated by eradicating removable media.

Kirk