Re: [K12OSN] LTSP with 3 nics

On 4 Jun 2002, Caleb wrote:

>Thanks a million Jason!
>
>That's what I had in mind but I wanted to touch bases with someone else
>to make sure I wasn't crazy. A second switch would of course be easiest
>but we can't spend any money. Also, the server has a gigabit nic but
>again, money issues won't let me purchase a gigabit module for my
>procurve switch. Well I'm gonna get started and I'm sure I'll have to
>come back to the list for help with some specifics on any problems I may
>have. Thanks again.

Procurves support bonding, you can make multiple ethernet connections
behave as one.

I took the day off work, so I don't have access to a procurve switch &
can not remember what the magic setting is... hopefully you can find it
in your docs or someone else on the list will know it.

You can find the instructions on setting up the Linux side at:
/usr/share/doc/iputils-20020124/README.ifenslave
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

-Eric