Re: [K12OSN] gray screen in X

I had already updated all but the hosts file and two files
in the templates/k12linux directory. As to the hosts file, I
was using DNS and assumed it wouldn't be needed. I have now
updated all the files including hosts. I still get nothing
but the gray screen and I can't find any errors messages to
explain why.

In exploring further, I have noted that a nslookup from the
server identifies the server and all hosts correctly but
doing the same thing from the CLI of a workstation doesn't.
For example, a lookup of the ws002 returns 127.0.0.1 and a
name of localhost - does this matter? Also, it has the
server at the correct IP but just calls it server rather
than the actual name in use for the server - does this
matter? OTOH, manually hacking the /tmp/resolv.conf and
/tmp/hosts files on the workstation such that nslookup does
return correct values for both forward and reverse lookups
still does not restore operation either.

I have this feeling I'm chasing wild geese and barking up
empty trees here but I'm lost as to where else to look :-(.

Any further suggestions are very welcome...

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo lsd k12 mi us