Re: [K12OSN] LTSP with 3 nics

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 jam McQuil com wrote:

> NO !
>
> You don't want to put 2 NIC cards on the same class C
> in the same machine.
>
> The kernel will get all confused with the routing, not knowing
> which interface to send packets out on.
>
> Use different class-c's, like 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.1.0

concur that one should stay away from bonding schemes -- they
are rarely worth the debugging hassle.  --

My example had all the information to re-CIDR the segment
which has its name resolution programmed into /etc/hosts in
LTSP -- and I have done this, even down to point-to-point
255.255.255.252 networks with the Red Hat
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth[0-9] model.

This is a 'Good Thing', for the rest of the Red Hat
initscripts, since at least RH 7.0, will do the 'Right Thing'
on subnetting and routing, and restarting the named, the
dhcpd, and the sshd.

-- Russ Herrold