[K12OSN] PCI codes verification and workstation question

Hi All People,

1) I am going to use an old PC running Windows98 as the diskless workstation for K12LTSP project. I have no idea how to verify the PCI codes in Windows environment. Should I install a Linux box to verify the same with the "lspci -n" program ??? Or is there a simple/an easy way ???

2) Can I use a Window Box as diskless workstation without disconnecting the hard disk cable only by disabling it in BIOS (not detecting the hard disk)

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu