Re: [K12OSN] StarOffice 6 and mixing "paid for programs" into K12LTSP

Larry McVoy of BitMover/BitKeeper fame (Linus' CVS system of choice) gave a
very insightful look into the cost of developing new ideas in a recent
interview:

http://kerneltrap.org/node.php?id=222

I found the whole article interesting, but while I may not agree with
everything he says (being a strong advocate of OSS myself), I think he
brings up some good topics for discussion (not on this list though as it's
getting pretty far off-topic so I'll probably end here).

Reality being what it is, I was very happy to get my Samba PDC to play nice
with a user's brand new XP loaded laptop.  I wasn't sure if it would work
out when I initially tried to join it to the domain, but a little help from
MandrakeUser, nothing to it:

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba6.html

(I don't get what folks think is so cool about XP, but that's another
off-topic issue again...)

But, back to the original topic, what is the value-added of SO 6 versus
OpenOffice?  Is it worth shelling out $$$ for it?

James