Re: [K12OSN] Switch question

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your information.

At 11:04 PM 6/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
I'm using this one for prototyping with K12ltsp, it works fine.
http://www.dlink.com/products/hubs/dsh5/

Could you share me some of your experience in using DSH-5

1) Under Best Hub, Best Price
.... bandwidth management, and central traffic control by providing an economical migration path to faster technology all in one box.

Does it mean the server can assign a band limit to each client so that the workstation would not have the same speed as the server ??

2) Under Integrated Switch
The DSH-5 gives users a smooth way to move to higher performance networking by allowing users to dynamically connect Ethernet or Fast Ethernet nodes into any available port.

What does it mean "dynamically connect Ethernet ......port" ?? The port is connected to the workstation with cable.

3) Is Firewall provided and configurable

4) Do you have an idea of its approx. street price.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu