Re: [K12OSN] Dual LTSP Boot ideas needed

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 16:52, Donald J Christensen wrote:

> My personal recommendation--if you go the net/local boot route, use
> the hard disks.

That makes sense.

I was just hoping that I could find an easy, inexpensive way of making
the security of the "programming station the students problem and if
that gets messed up it only affects the student and not others (unless
they create a mess on the network -- also a possibility).  Maybe, I am
too cautious, but this year we had several students who found it to be
fun to sniff and attack both the servers and other students
workstations.

Bill

--
William Tihen, Technology Director
The American School in Switzerland (TASIS)