RE: [K12OSN] Squidguard

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Aaron Leininger wrote:

>My district's uses squid and it always seems to be blocking more content
>than it should, not less. My district webmaster is on this list as
>well...comments Michael?
>
>Aaron

This is one of the "fun" things about filtering, everyone has their own
criteria for what is acceptable and what is not. There is no one size
fits all.

That's one of the things I like about the latest versions of Dan's Guardian,
it has a "threshold" value that you can adjust to taste (which is a good
thing, because we find the default Dan's Guardian settings to be completely
unacceptable ;-).

I've been taking notes and doing testing on different filtering scenerios.
I plan on putting together a "white paper" of sorts this summer outlining
what I've learned from working with different filters, how the different
filters work, how to tune them, etc, etc.

-Eric