Re: [K12OSN] Channel Bonding

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Caleb Wagnon wrote:

>This message was intended for Tait Shrum, but I want everyone else's input too.
>
>I got channel bonding setup, piece of cake. I can't get any further though. DHCP isn't working. After doing some google searches, I am told that DHCP will not work with Channel bonding. Do you guys agree with that? Looks like I'm back to square one. All I want to do is use 2 nics for my intranet (terminal) traffic and balance the load between the two. I'm pretty sure I can do this with my DHCPD.conf somehow. Any ideas from Bryant? Thanks again.

I don't see why DHCP would not work on with channel bonding... it's just an
IP broadcast, the bonding happens at a lower layer.

IIRC, bonding two ethernets together creates a new virtual device named
"bond0". By default, K12LTSP tells dhcpd to only listen on eth0. Try
editing /etc/init.d/dhcpd and change "eth0" to "bond0" on this line:

        daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd eth0

restart dhcpd (/sbin/service dhcpd restart) and see if it works.

-Eric