RE: [K12OSN] Special logins..........

Hi Jim,

I can run gdmconf from my KDE login already.

When I set my server up I chose KDE as the default windows manager.

Doesn't that install KDM instead of GDM?

If that is the case I need to modify the appropriate KDM files instead,
therefore gdmconf won't actually help me, or have I messed something?

Cheeres,
Bert

On Wednesday, June 05, 2002 12:36 PM, Jim Wildman [SMTP:jim rossberry com]
wrote:
> You can use gdmconf with kde.  I think there are only 4 other rpms you
> need
> intl, scrollkeeper and a couple of others.  I can't reach the machine
> that I documented that on.

> Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      jim rossberry com
> http://www.rossberry.com
>
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Bert Rolston wrote:
>
> > Hi Russ,
> >
> > Thanks again.....
> >
> > I looked at GDM Config and found the relevant sections. Pity I
installed KDE which uses KDM.

> > I've been looking around for the KDM equivalent of this.
> >
> > This is what I have found.
> >
> > In the /etc/x11/xdm/xsessions script I can do the same thing. Then I
have to add the appropriate session in KControl.