From: "Eric Harrison" <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us>
To: <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Channel Bonding

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Caleb Wagnon wrote:
>
> >This message was intended for Tait Shrum, but I want everyone else's
input too.

> >I got channel bonding setup, piece of cake. I can't get any further
though. DHCP isn't working. After doing some google searches, I am told that
DHCP will not work with Channel bonding. Do you guys agree with that? Looks
like I'm back to square one. All I want to do is use 2 nics for my intranet
(terminal) traffic and balance the load between the two. I'm pretty sure I
can do this with my DHCPD.conf somehow. Any ideas from Bryant? Thanks again.

> I don't see why DHCP would not work on with channel bonding... it's just
an
> IP broadcast, the bonding happens at a lower layer.
>
> IIRC, bonding two ethernets together creates a new virtual device named
> "bond0". By default, K12LTSP tells dhcpd to only listen on eth0. Try
> editing /etc/init.d/dhcpd and change "eth0" to "bond0" on this line:
>
>         daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd eth0
>
> restart dhcpd (/sbin/service dhcpd restart) and see if it works.
>
> -Eric

---