Re: [K12OSN] DHCPd help: NT & LTSP on the same network

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Steve Wright wrote:

> It worked alright.  NO Windows PCs would boot. At all.  Even with NT4 running.
> Woops.  8*}  The phones were starting to ring, so I pulled that plug real fast.
>
> What's the entry in /etc/dhcp.conf to say "if it's a windows system booting -
> Don't Reply - Leave it to NT."
>
> Any ideas ?

How about: Allow a systems admin concerned about security and
integrety of the data of his/her end users, who does not want
strange PC's he does not know about, to prevent them from
booting into his network without first being placed under
security policies and getting a virus scanner in place and
current first

-- When it won't boot, they have to call Systems and get it
set up right

-- This is a GREAT feature.

-- Russ Herrold