Re: [K12OSN] DHCPd help: NT & LTSP on the same network

Steve,

I'm not sure if the 'deny booting' will just ignore those
clients, or if it will send a 'DHCPNAK' reply to the client.

The difference is, that if it sends a DHCPNAK reply to the client,
then the client may just sit there and not do anything.

What you want to have happen is the dhcpd should completely
ignore those MSFT clients, and not reply in any way.

I think you can force this by adding:

   not authoritative;

To the top of your dhcpd.conf file.  Read the manpage for
dhcpd.conf, and see what else it says about the use
of the authoritative statement.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org