Re: [K12OSN] Terminal Server Sound Problem

On 7 Jun 2002, Caleb wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>We really do have a problem here. I'm using 2.1.0 and I'm getting the
>same message as everyone else, /dev/dsp can't be opened. There's nothing
>wrong with my permissions. What's going on?

What's going on is tha we have not figured out how to get remote sound
to work properly in KDE. By default, KDE tries to play sound on the server's
sound card - if you don't have a sound card in the server you get this error.
This happens on a standalone workstation without a sound card as well.

-Eric