Re: [K12OSN] Web Site Portal Intranets

PostNuke is a rewrite on PHPNuke, which is extremely security hole bugriddled,
judging by the amount of bugtraq items I've seen on it over time.

They both stink, imo :)

I wrote a system in PHP/MySQL here that lets teachers post homework to the web
and we're expanding it to allow uploading of documents, reserving of our
computer labs, a favorite links list and more.  It wasn't too hard to do and
was quite a learning experience and also lets you customize everything.

- James

Quoting Kirk Rheinlander <kirk kpj2 com>:

> Jason,
>
> is http://www.myphpnuke.com/ related to PostNuke??
>
> Kirk
>
> At 11:13 AM 6/3/2002, you wrote:
> >I have been using <http://www.postnuke.com>PostNuke  for quite some time
> >now and have things setup on it for my school and other sites:
> >
> ><http://mchs.phpwebhosting.com>http://mchs.phpwebhosting.com
> >This is the one I am currently setting up and has a LOT of stuff to do but
>
> >you can see a working calendar and weather thing on it.
> >
> >Our current live website is:
> ><http://www.morriscatholic.com>http://www.morriscatholic.com
> >Has a lot of work to be done but you get the jist.
> >
> >It is setup so faculty can post their own updates on the site by simply
> >logging in and typing in information and submitting it.  Works very
> easily.
> >
> >What I plan to setup is something on our intranet that uses the same
> >PostNuke system so that we can have a lot of nice features going
> >on.  Hopefully I can get a working RedHat distro setup that will simply
> >run as a web server with this built - in.
> >
> >You just install it , configure the proper IP addresses for gateways and
> >such and you got a working intranet web server.  Easily login remotely to
> >upload and change files.
> >
> >Any input would be helpful if someone has already done this, and it should
>
> >work easy enough and very useful for an educational environment.
> >
> >Jason Leydon

- James