Re: [K12OSN] Terminal Server Sound Problem

Hi Eric,

(v.2.1.0)

My TS and workstation have their own sound cards. Both the TS and the workstation, a Windows box, can play music CD without problem.

That warning in question only appeared when I login as "user" in workstation. But it did not appear when login as "root" there.

Thanks

Stephen

At 07:39 AM 2002/6/7 -0700, you wrote:
On 7 Jun 2002, Caleb wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>We really do have a problem here. I'm using 2.1.0 and I'm getting the
>same message as everyone else, /dev/dsp can't be opened. There's nothing
>wrong with my permissions. What's going on?

What's going on is tha we have not figured out how to get remote sound
to work properly in KDE. By default, KDE tries to play sound on the server's
sound card - if you don't have a sound card in the server you get this error.
This happens on a standalone workstation without a sound card as well.

-Eric