[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN digest, Vol 1 #222 - 7 msgs

> From: anthony baldwin <mrbaldwin school-library net>
> To: k12osn redhat com
> Subject: [K12OSN] Ram
> Date: 09 Jun 2002 21:26:03 -0700
>

> >-- __--__--
> >
> >Message: 2
> >Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 20:09:44 -0500
> >To: k12osn redhat com
> >From: Tom Brown <tbrown michiana org>
> >Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Vendors
> >
> >Coast to Coast Memory has proven reliable and inexpensive.
> >- http://www.18004memory.com/
> >
> >Tom
> >
> >At 06:05 PM 06/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >>What online vendors do you use to buy RAM and other hardware? (Not in
> >>large quantities, I don't need much)
> >>
> >>I'm looking to purchase some RAM and two 40 to 80 Gigabyte IDE hard
> >>drives for some web servers.
> >>
> >>Anyone have any recommendations out there on reliable and speedy online
> >>shops that don't have any problem dealing with school districts?
> >>
> >>- James
>

> I have purchased all of my RAM chips from http://www.tigerdirect.com
> as well as many other components for systems I have upgraded or built.  The prices are low and the shipping is fast.  I have ordered on Monday and had my stuff by Saturday.
> TigerDirect Rocks!  I love this company.
> Once I purchased a rama chipfrom Buy.com, actually, becuase they were having sompe kind of blowout, but only once...all other ram I have acquired from TigerDirect.com
>
> tony
> school-library.net

I've had really good luck with CDW ( http://www.cdw.com ) they are
quick, first quality, and will negotiate price if you are a good
customer.  Also, you can set up an intra-net where you have pre-approved
purchases for the "masses" as well as your admin password for anything
you want.

I'd think that if k12ltsp was to negotiate with them on behalf of all of
their users, you could get some killer prices.

I'd love to get them to carry more linux stuff.

Contact Vince ( mailto:vincsam cdw com ) - he's my sales rep.  Highly
recommended.

--Yan