Re: [K12OSN] CIPA and xxxGUARD

Caleb,
	somehow i am convinced that you block more than just porn. the
faculty members are presumably grownups, so blocking the content
inappropriate for children doesn't really apply. the free speech rights
you are happily trampling are those of the faculty as well - you know,
speech is nice when there are people listening, otherwise it is whistling
in the wind. there is a very wide area between a full block and full
access, and i can tell you one thing from experience in a totalitarian
country - full access is much, much better than full, or even partial
block.
	all that said. i'll say that it is better to block in a school
setting than not to block and have a few stations, possibly supervised,
open for any and all kinds of research. i have it easier - i work for a
regular company and i get to block everything on the assumption that if it
is a legitimate business purpose i'll open up the site.
julius

p.s. oh, and yes, we WANT the faculty that streams any legal content. if
you get child porn, call the cops, that's how it is supposed to work.