Re: [K12OSN] CIPA and xxxGUARD

Caleb,
	you seem like a very smart and straightforward person, and yet you
seem to read only what you want to see and not what is written (case of
internal block?). censorship on local level can be even more onerous than
that on central level. the "happily trampled" rights are those of teachers
who presumably are almost as smart and adult as you are. i did notice that
with little work one can achieve very granular access control through
squidguard. you might want to consider farming out that work to the
teachers who complain most and than check the results. you will smile when
it dawns on you how much self-censorship that will unleash in your
"victim". than again, maybe you'll get a grownup that will go for "all
open for all adults" and "all closed for all children". julius

p.s. some on-line games are highly educational, just ask the Marines.