[K12OSN] old dog gone astray

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:20:55 +0200
>To: k12osn redhat com
>Subject: Re: [K12OSN] up2date
>From: Hans Ekbrand <hans sociologi cjb net>
>
>On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 02:51:25AM -0700, anthony baldwin wrote:
>> Well,
>> I ran up2date again.  this time it doesn't seem to have affected any of my configurations, except, it appears to have deleted all of my Mozilla favorites files.  That's not a tragedy, but it is annoying to say the least.
>> I had bookmarked a numbero f How-Tos and other valuable information which I now must ferret out again.
>> Why do the updates screw stuff up?  I'm becoming reluctant to use them.
>
>1. Please add your comments below the text you want to comment.

I was not commenting on previous text, but starting a new thread.

>2. Learn to cut text you don't comment.

I cut out everything that was not releveant to my post, which was everything, and only sent my post.

>3. Your post is off-topic.

How can a post revolving around the RH updates to the RH 7.2 based K12 OS be off-topic on a list for the RH based K12 OS?

>4. for automated updates to work (even in more situations of complex
>dependencies), the package management system needs a good policy, that
>is strictly enforced. I have found Debian (www.debian.org) to have a
>good, and strictly enforced package managament policy. I have no
>experience in automated upgrading Red Hat systems but: if your
>"Mozilla favorites files" where under /home, they are probably still
>there (No packaging system should never touch /home), if the were in
>/etc backups was probably made during the upgrade.

Oddly enough...The favorites were not present on boot, but I left home for school and came back afterwards and like an old dog gone astray, they just showed up again....I'm stumped, but glad to have the old favs back.  Perhaps backups were restored as you mention...

>Good Luck!

I think luck is my strong suit here, because genius sure isn't!

tony

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email yourgroup org by Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag