Re: [K12OSN] Samba/Windows XP Professional

IBM also has a Samba tutorial that shows how to integrate
your Microsoft client machines with a Linux server. It
teaches you how to configure Samba as a primary domain
controller on an xSeries server.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/tutorials/samba.html?t=gr,psl=SambaTutorialOverview

As has been mentioned, XP Pro will require a SignOrSeal
registry key to join a Samba PDC, 2000 should be ok out of
the box, and from what I've read XP Home (for those tempted
to try and save $$'s) doesn't do domain logons at all.

If you set up the 'add user script' option in smb.conf the
machine accounts are created on the fly. There are even a
few approaches to doing 'on the fly' group based logon
scripting if you need it. I'd supply some links for that too
but it seems I've misplaced my notes on the subject. Say so
if you need more info and I'll scrape it up somehow...

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo lsd k12 mi us