Re: [K12OSN] Samba/Windows XP Professional

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 07:44 am, Mike Rambo wrote:

 < snip >
> If you set up the 'add user script' option in smb.conf the
> machine accounts are created on the fly. There are even a
> few approaches to doing 'on the fly' group based logon
> scripting if you need it. I'd supply some links for that too
> but it seems I've misplaced my notes on the subject. Say so
> if you need more info and I'll scrape it up somehow...

I would be interested in links on the group based logon. I am beginning work
on moving our schools student/faculty desktops to linux but I know I am going
to have mixed windows/linux clients for some years. That means I need my
Linux boxes to authenticate against a windows PDC (I found a link on this),
but I would also like the linux box to check what windows domain groups the
user is a member of so that I can make appropriate mounting and access
decisions.
--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol uscom com (Drakmere)