Re: [K12OSN] bad hosts, loud music, horrible party

Tony,
	this is the name resolution problem. the /etc/hosts file is easier
to fix than dns, so here it goes: i have a server named "solinden", this
is the host name for it and what host command returns. the followinf are
the first 4 lines in the /etc/hosts file:

127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
216.216.171.235	solinden.turtle.com	solinden

make sure yours looks similar and that the hostname you give the machine
has the appropriate entry in /etc/hosts. also: almost everything works
better when there is a real network connect present. good luck, julius